Global Health Night: On the Subject of Antibiotic Resistance
- Datum: 2017-10-12 kl 18:15 – 19:45
- Plats: Universitetshuset, sal X
- Föreläsare: Josef Järhult (Associate Professor and Doctor in infectious diseases at Akademiska sjukhuset and Uppsala University), Nicolai Schaaf (Program Officer at Swedish Water House, Stockholm International Water Institute), Rosanna Färnman (Program Officer for the project Reinventing Development Policy in the Global Era at the think tank Global Utmaning), Cecilia Nordin Van Gangsberge (former delegate for Sweden in the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, FAO). Moderator: Lucas Grzechnik Mörk (medical student at Uppsala University as well as a previous Program Secretary for UF Uppsala).
- Arrangör: Uppsala Association of International Affairs, IFMSA, Uppsala Forum on Democracy, Peace and Justice and Folkuniversitetet
- Kontaktperson: Stella Marceta
In this event organized together with the International Federation of Medical Students Association, a panel of four experts will discuss Antibiotic Resistance – from what it entails and its causes, what effect it might have on global health to how the problem best should be dealt with.
Every year, thousands of people die from diseases that were previously treatable, but have grown resistant to antibiotics. In a future without effective antibiotics common diseases such as pneumonia would in many cases be life threatening. With all of this in mind it is safe to say that antibiotic resistance has become a serious, growing, and global problem.