Uppsala Forum Workshop on Participation in Local Politics and Governance in Developing Countries
- Date: 9/27/2017 at 9:15 AM – 3:00 PM
- Location: Torgrummet, Gamla torget 2, Uppsala University
- Lecturer: Forrest Fleischman and Claudia Rodriguez-Solorzano, both from the University of Minnesota, US
- Organiser: The Department of Government at Uppsala University in cooperation with Uppsala Forum on Democracy, Peace and Justice
- Contact person: Marcus Wangel
The Department of Government at Uppsala University and Uppsala Forum invites you to a full-day workshop focusing on the theme of local-level participation in a developing country context.
Our guests will share their experience and expertise in studying participation in the field of natural resource governance, but the topic speaks to a wider audience studying participation in contexts such as grassroots-budgeting, political participation and social movements. The workshop will benefit scholars focusing on developing countries broadly, and South Asia and Central America in particular. Those interested in the theories and practice of public participation in comparative perspectives may also be appealed by the workshop.
We invite interested scholars to participate in the workshop and present their own research, if it falls under the above broader theme. Please write firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
For more information please see the full workshop invitation attached below.