Celsius–Linnaeus Lectures 2018
- Date: 2/8/2018 at 9:15 AM – 5:00 PM
- Location: Ångströmlaboratoriet, Lägerhyddsvägen 1 Polhemssalen
- Lecturer: Natalie Batalha, NASA and Professor Aviv Regev, MIT and Broad Institute.
- Organiser: the Celsius–Linnaeus committee
- Contact person: Professor Hemin Koyi
- Phone: 018-471 2563
On Thursday February 8, the doors will again open for the traditional lectures in memory of Anders Celsius and Carl Linnaeus.
09:15 Celsius leture: Astrophysicist Natalie Bathala, NASA Ames Research Center, USA. Exoplanet Frontiers: Kepler & the Search for Life Beyond Earth
10:30 Linnaeus lecture: Professor Aviv Regev, MIT and Broad Institute USA. Using experimental and computational approaches to decipher cellular identity and regulation
Later in the afternoon a Celsius–Linnaeus symposium will be held with lecturers from both Uppsala University and Karolinska Institutet in neighbouring fields of research to the Celsius–Linnaeus lectures. The symposium will be held 14:00–17:00 in Polhemsalen.