Reimagining Research-led Education in a Digital Age
- Date: –12:00
- Location: Online
- Organiser: Enheten för samordnat forskningsstöd vid Planeringsavdelningen
- Contact person: Anders Jonsson
What will change look like for your institution? How can universities build on their strengths to embrace transformation in new ways? The Guild launches their new Insight Paper “Reimagining Research-led Education in a Digital Age” to initiate broader discussions about what needs to change – and what needs to be preserved from the current system.
The pressures of the pandemic have prompted a discourse of ‘need for change’. This includes questions of what should be taught, and why and how it should be taught so that graduates are educated for continuous change. Higher education is invited to innovate its pedagogical offering and collaborate in new ways. And yet, existing regulatory frameworks continue to be nationally accredited, delivered and regulated.
Research-intensive universities, with their plurality of disciplines, are unique places for pedagogical innovation. Given the increasing emphasis on transdisciplinarity in approaching global challenges, there is a need to rethink the relationship between research and teaching, and how active learning can reflect this changing relationship, especially in the digital age.
We look forward to welcoming you to the event!
10:00 Welcome by Jan Palmowski, Secretary-General of The Guild
10:05 Presentation of the Insight Paper by Jo Angouri, Academic Director for Education
and Internationalisation, University of Warwick, lead author
10:20 Higher Education: Policy Perspectives
- Vanessa Debiais-Sainton, Head of Unit, DG EAC, European Commission
- Michael Gaebel, Director, Higher Education Policy, European University Association
11:00 Take home messages
11:10 Responses from Higher Education practice
- Rūta Eidukevičienė, Dean of the Faculty of Humanities, Vytautas Magnus University
- Benoît Raucent, President of the Louvain Learning Lab, UCLouvain
- Jeroen Kooman, Director, Institute for Education Innovation (EDLAB), Maastricht University
11:50 Take home messages
12:00 End of the launch event